Meet the Team
This is the page about us – theGIST team. We are always more than happy to answer your questions,
so don’t be shy. For general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HEAD OF STRATHCLYDE/EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Aidan McFadden
– A physicist working towards a Masters degree at the University of Strathclyde
– Main point of contact for University of Strathclyde
– Aidan likes football, the gym and Christopher Hitchen’s books.
- HEAD OF GLASGOW/EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Alisha Aman
– Just completed her MSc in Medical Genetics and Genomics at the University of Glasgow and is a Research Assistant at the uni at present.
– Main point of contact for University of Glasgow
– Alisha likes FOOD (x infinity), the Big Bang Theory, Coldplay, and is a big time nerd.
- SUBMISSIONS EDITOR: Derek Connor
– A Chemist working towards a PhD in Physics at the University of Strathclyde
– Main point of contact for article submissions supported by deputy submissions editor Mirunia Costreie
– Derek likes talking about science, and taking pleasure in people’s dismay when they find out how few movies he’s watched.
- DEPUTY SUBMISSIONS EDITOR: Miruna Costreie
– A Neuroscience undergraduate at The University of Glasgow
– Miruna is cool…with whatever related to science, music or nature 🙂
- SNIPPETS EDITOR: Sarah Spence
– Recent English literature graduate soon to start postgraduate studies
– Handles all snippet submissions and editing
– Sarah likes Margaret Atwood, RuPaul and Trevor Philips
- HEAD OF COPY-EDITING: Kimberley Wood
– Currently working towards a PhD in isotope ecology at SUERC/the Uni of Glasgow
– Oversees and delegates copy-editing
– Kim likes climbing trees, reading Game of Thrones and wearing vintage headscarves.
- HEAD OF VIDEOS: Elliot Ross
– Responsible for the Video Team
– Elliot is a chemistry undergrad at the University of Strathclyde
- HEAD OF PODCASTS: Aidan McFadden
– Responsible for the Podcast Team
– Aidan likes podcasts, kinda..
- EVENTS & FINANCE MANAGER: Umair Iqbal
– Deals with funding (incl. grants and advertisements) & Events such as the pub quiz
– Umair loves watching Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire. A big fan of sports and playing them too!
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Katrina Wesencraft
– Working towards an MSc in Medical Visualisation & Human Anatomy
– Responsible for theGIST communication via Newsletters, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
– Katrina’s hobbies include dying her hair and eating cheese
- HEAD OF DESIGN: Emily Breen
– Studies Product Design Engineering at the University of Glasgow and Glasgow School of art.
– Responsible for poster and magazine layout
– Emily enjoys painting, Chinese food and never finishing tv series.
- HEAD OF WEB: Matt Mitchell
– Physics Undergraduate at University of Strathclyde