This is the page about us – theGIST team. This page also includes some of the vacant roles and are updated on rolling basis. We are always more than happy to answer your questions, so don’t be shy. For general enquiries, please contact [email protected]
HEAD OF STRATHCLYDE/EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Sridevi K
– A Ph.D. student in the QOQMS group at the University of Strathclyde, who is excited about anything and everything involving “Quantum.”
– Interested in communicating science in a lucid yet accurate way. The main point of contact for the University of Strathclyde.
– Love to read and hoard books (two very different hobbies)
– Enjoys dancing to her tunes, sketching, traveling, exploring new cultures, topographies, and definitely tasting different cuisines.
HEAD OF GLASGOW/EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Monique Raranga
– 5th year Neuroscience MSci student at the University of Glasgow passionate about neurological disorders, cognitive neuroscience, and accessibility and inclusivity in science.
– Manages feature submissions and the editing process.
– Monique enjoys combining her love for science with creative pursuits, and has a soft spot for anything philosophical.
SUBMISSIONS EDITOR: Becca Budgett
– A a second year Molecular Pharmacology PhD student at the University of Glasgow looking at drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
– Manages the article submissions process.
– Outside of the lab, Becca loves doing anything outdoorsy, especially hiking and playing lacrosse, and is known for eating a lot of doughnuts.
DEPUTY SUBMISSIONS EDITOR: Annabell MacPhee
– A second year Molecular and Cellular Biology undergraduate at the University of Glasgow, who is interested in ecology and the impact of climate change on ecosystems.
– Supports the Submissions Editor in managing the article submissions process.
– A nerd with a love for anything sci-fi, fantasy or show tunes. Probably watches too many sitcoms and dances along every time ‘The Boys of Summer’ by The Ataris comes on.
SNIPPETS EDITOR: Frankie MacPherson
– 4th year Chemistry with Medicinal Chem MSci student, currently in Lyon for a placement year.
– Handles snippet submissions and editing.
– Frankie loves music, writing, and reading, as well as travelling and exploring new cities and cultures.
DEPUTY SNIPPETS EDITOR: Liam Butler
– Second-year PhD student at the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences researching cell biology and the S-acylation of Sprouty-2 protein in growth factor signalling
– Supports the submission and editing of snippets to the magazine.
– Loves all things science and sci-fi! If not in the lab, normally found outdoors or on the water, rowing or sailing.
HEAD OF COPY-EDITING: Claire Thomson
– Third year Undergraduate French/German student at University of Glasgow
– Currently working in Bavaria, Germany as an English Language Assistant on her year abroad, Claire loves all things travel and culture
– Competitive swimmer, if in doubt, you’ll find her at the pool!
DEPUTY HEAD OF COPY-EDITING: Vacant
HEAD OF DESIGN: Sravanya
– An economics master’s student at the University of Strathclyde and passionate about all things science and love reading about them
– Interested in environmental protection policies, machine learning, and deep learning.
– Most importantly loves to draw and paint. Playing with colours and layouts is one of her favourite things.
DEPUTY HEAD OF DESIGN: Anastasija Slapina
– 3rd year Immunology student at the University of Glasgow.
– Assists the head of design with layout and artwork the magazine, posters and other media.
– Interested in ways how to make science more accessible and works on her art on the side.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER: Vacant
HEAD OF MULTIMEDIA: Vacant
HEAD OF EVENTS & FINANCE: Vacant
HEAD OF WEB: Bharath Roshan
– Pursuing Masters in Advanced Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence from University of Strathclyde.
– Passionate about technology and science.
– Loves to read novels in leisure time.